Sunday, September 09, 2012

all grown up

When you go to college you bed becomes your favorite place. This is not funny, or clever, it is true. The only place in the world I like more than my bed is my roommate's bed. I don't know what it is about beds, maybe I'm just tired, that seems like the obvious answer, but I think it is something deeper than that. For Eliza and I, it's definitely a bonus that our beds are the only warm place in our room. For whatever reason, our room regularly reaches arctic temperatures--regularly. We have since seen the need for a rule against turning the air-conditioning on. Also, getting in bed means you're done studying for the day. I have never had so much assigned reading in my life. It is absolutely out of control. Literally, it makes me want to cry. Still, I'm trying to make the most of it, and I'm being careful to stay on top of work... so even though I'm failing to do everything as early as I may want, I feel grown-up and mature. Plus beds are awesome because I'm kind of homesick sometimes, and my bed reminds me enough of home (if my eyes are closed) that it can make me feel better about having to grow up and not be in high school. As Hilary said, "you know how homeless people love their shopping carts or cardboard boxes because it's all they have? that's how I feel about my bed"

No comments:

Post a Comment