Tuesday, January 01, 2013

just see how far we've come

Almost two and a half years ago, I wrote one of my first posts about the magic of Les Mis in London. I'm happy to say that now, the dream lives on. I saw the movie with my family while we were all together for Christmas, and I loved it every bit as much as I loved the musical. In fact, I was reminded why I fell in love with the story, with the music, with the characters, with the Revolution, and of course, with Enjolras. Just go watch it. If you don't like it, I won't consider us friends anymore. It's really that simple. Go see the movie. Granted, I spent a solid ten minutes debating whether I could trust Tripp van der Bilt. Good news, I got over it. You should have no more reservations. Go see the movie. I always get sentimental. I thought about adding "at the end of the year" to that sentence, but if we're being frank, I always get sentimental. It was a year full of firsts and lasts for me. Full of some tremendous wins and some disappointments. It was a year of celebration as my big sister got married, I finally got out of high school, and got to travel to Baltimore, Washington and Vegas with ProStart; and to Greece, Germany, France, and England with my dad. I listened to some good music, and some crappy. I watched plenty of TV and movies, and read many a book worth reading. I got new glasses, finished American Heritage *finally*, and found a new home in the dorms. I was a little disappointed that the world didn't end this December, because I now need to figure out what to do with my life. But mostly I just loved every moment with friends, families, and strangers. I really do love this world. Here's hoping 2013 brings love, happiness, adventure and great food to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment