Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Blogging Molly

Exactly one year ago today I was counting down the remaining ten days until the best six months of my life. What may you ask am I doing with my life now?
Living in the past.

This is a thing I never wanted to become. It's true that my style is very vintage/retro but I also spruced it up ala Will Robinson/Walt Disney
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
--Walt Disney


I digress. The point is, I want to live for myself for now as well as learning from and LOVING the past. For that reason, for the next ten days I will share a favorite London place, a different British band/that I feel like sharing (it's up to me, I am the blog boss after all), and something I aspire to do by next year.

1. Kew Gardens The flower fairy-tale land where all of my childhood fantasies were sub-consciously set. I went my last week in London and would LOVE to go back. It was also a highlight because my camera died which meant I got to use Dad's Nikon. I covet this camera....don't tell the prophet on me.


Nikon D7000

I took a few photos...





Great place.
2. Flogging Molly [because I really want to put them on this list, we're pretending their from Northern Ireland] I think they're honestly just on here because it took most of my life before I knew what flogging was. Or why they were flogging Molly. To me that's a good enough reason. Also, I could do witty punny things with their name. I also love any singer who doesn't try to disguise his accent. And I love the film P.S. I Love You. And, I love this song:



and finally...
3. THE MOVIE LIST I will watch every movie on this list and (so I feel like this is a somewhat productive goal) write a critical analysis of each. I'm also giving myself more than a year on this one. I can do this because I am the blog boss as you may recall.
ten...

1 comment:

  1. Great Kew pictures, Caroline. It looks like you were using a telephoto lens, but did you make any adjustments to the f-stop or aperture? Please share.

    ReplyDelete