Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I Blog, Therefore I Am...

Recently, it was brought to my attention by a certain neighbor from across the street (Miriam) that I don't spend nearly enough time thinking about really important things. I was therefore prompted to ponder some deep issues in the only form I know how. I reviewed the notes I took in AP European History about the major thinkers of the Enlightenment. I've always been rather partial to Descartes--his ideas are so beautifully simple. I know I exist, so I must, why does it matter what anyone else thinks?
In all honesty, I never question whether or not I exist, but I find hope trying to discover beautifully simple things in the world. I set out on this whole blogging expedition with a creed, to find things I LOVE and write about them. I intend fully to resume blogging about things I love, and also, to record somehow the beautifully simple things I find in my day to day life.

1: Lotus Garden on Center Street. Something about Chinese food seems to melt troubles away and for that I am eternally grateful.

2: Christmas Break whoever planned a relaxation break in the middle of the school year was inspired of God.

3: The change in seasons. Knowing that the icy splendor of winter gives way to rebirth in the spring which falls to the sweltering romance of summer which falls into a bitter-sweet autumn.

Stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment