It's finally setting in... finally. I don't have to go to school until August 22. (well, i do have summer school but that doesn't really count). What matters is the incandescent happiness I get from summertime. I never wish for winter. Never. If it was always June I couldn't be happier. AND I have lots to look forward to this summer.
1. Atonement. Reading the book, watching the film, becoming cultured. It's a big project and I am very excited.
2. Going to the Carolina Coast (hopefully!). Even though London is my favorite place in the world and Provo is home, N.C. is heaven. Possibly literally. At any rate, I have big plans for this year; I will run to the lighthouse (hopefully), eat my weight in Calabash seafood, read beautiful summery literature, write poetry like a true romantic, take photographs I will later convince myself are lovely, and soak up the hot wet heat. I'm even holding a Nicholas Sparks marathon event (Since I'm sure you're reading this Les, you are guest number one).
3. I'm going to organize my life so that I will be the world's greatest student come fall.
4. The movie list shall be resurrected.
5. Heavenly literature will be read whenever possible.
6. All possible Twilight Concert Series concerts will be attended.
7. The Pass of All Passes will be good and used.
8. Delectable food will be both prepared and eaten.
9. Pasty white skin will get a tan-like glow.
10. Dancing in the rain will happen.
11. Popsicles will be eaten.
12. Childhood will be revisited.
13. Oh, and Europa will be conquered. By me obv. London, Paris, Madrid, Seville, Granada, Costa del Sol, Morocco, Lisbon. Towns, prepare to be painted. What could possibly make this trip even better? Going on an Art History trip, clearly I will explore the great museums--National Gallery, Louvre, Orsay, Prado whilst feeling glamorous. Think Roman Holiday. Minus the Gregory Peck business. Still, nothing could be finer.
Essentially, I have BIG plans this summer. The biggest. Like celestial sized, and it WILL be the greatest summer of my life. How could it not be? For heaven's sakes, I AM ALIVE and I feel so full of life, almost like I can't be fenced in...
So far this summer has already been celebrated and that thought makes me really happy. I have failed to get much sleep, but honestly sleep feels super overrated. Next years Student Government has thoroughly bonded at our retreat and at our own All-Night Party. Paige and I visited J. Dawgs. And I realized that I am marrying Hugo from Bye Bye Birdie. Scratch that, I am moving to Bye Bye Birdie. How fabulous would that be?
Before I get too nostalgic allow me to share some stock photos which will get anyone in the mood...
Also... PROM blog FINALLY on the way