Monday, May 30, 2011

i learn!



So I love this song. So much. It is beautiful. The only thing that makes it better is that it also makes me feel intellectual. As a child, I was required to watch educational videos every summer. I went through stages, the longest stage was definitely King Arthur. Honestly, I probably know more about Arthurian legend than any other teenage girl in the country. Because how could I not be? The story is beautiful, as is the language, the heartbreak--the works. My personal favorite is the Lady of Shalott. A somewhat insignificant part which also happens to be the most beautifully heartbreaking story of all time.
Imagine how thrilled I was to learn that a beautiful song like this one, shares this beautiful story for a video... For complete appreciation, here is the Tennyson poem...

And the J. Williams Waterhouse painting...

Go, appreciate.

Also, since we're sharing beauty, I went to the A.D. and Friends concert at Muse last night. Admittedly, I left before A.D. played, but I thought all the bands did a really great job. A very appropriate beginning of summer concert. Camel in the Headlights was especially good, although I am partial since I'm their manager of sorts... anyways, like them on facebook, they're preetty talented and they write their own stuff (gotta love that)

No comments:

Post a Comment